Pre Tan Prep
Preparing for your Session:
* Exfoliate your skin using an oil-free scrub, gloves, or brush 48 and 24 hours prior to your tan.
* Shower at least 4 hours or more prior to your tan. Showering too close can inhibit the skin from absorbing the solution.
* Shave and wax at least 24 hours prior to tanning. Doing so too close to your session, can result in tanning solution collecting in the hair follicles. Always use a new razor to ensure an even tan is achieved. Avoid razors with moisturizing strips
* Please come to your appointment free of lotion, deodorant, makeup and perfumes. Do not use soap on the day of your tan. A clean canvas is best!
* Mani/pedi, facials, and massages should all be done 24-48 hours before getting your spray tan
* Please stop using Dove products 48 hours prior to your session. These products can leave a film on the skin that leads to a blotchy tan
Do not come to your session with any other gradual tanner or self tanner on the skin. It will alter the color and results. Please remove prior
During Your Session:
* Bring or wear dark/loose fitting clothing and flip flops for after. A long maxi dress or long, loose cotton pants are my personal preference and you limit risk of transferring bronzer to unwanted areas while processing. If its raining, bring an umbrella, long pants and closed toe shoes!
* If you choose to tan topless, it is best to not put a bra back on for at least 4 hours
* You may tan in whatever you are most comfortable in.... dark bra and underwear, bathing suit or nothing. Men must wear a bathing suit or underwear.
After Your Session:
* Do not get wet or sweat while your tan is developing. It's important NOT to wash your hands!
* Shower 8 -12 hours after with a warm water rinse (no soaps or shampoos) until the water runs clear. This is the guide bronzer showering off. Do not worry!, Your tan will continue to develop
* If using a rapid solution, you can shower in 2-4 hours depending on the level of darkness that is desired. Again, it still takes 12 hours for the tan to fully develop. Please wait 12-24 hours to apply makeup and lotions
* The average tan lasts 5-9 days. This is very dependent on proper aftercare:
* Avoid soaps, washes and scrubs that will strip your tan... sulfates, acne products, retinols, Dove products, exfoliants. I have a body wash available for sale that I highly recommend…. Hempz, Burts Bees, Cetaphil, Shea Moisture all manufacture sulfate free body washes
* Moisture, Moisturize, Moisturize! 2 x a day. Always use a lotion that does not contain mineral oil. I have a body lotion available for sale that I highly recommend that is specifically formulated to be used with your spray tan. If purchasing in advance, a sample of safe brands include; Hempz, Shea Moisture, Burts Bees, Alba, Cetaphil, etc
*Use lukewarm water to shower… avoid long/hot bathes and showers
*Avoid chlorine and hot tubs as they will reduce your tan
*Always use a fresh razor and sulfate free body wash or conditioner when you must shave
Always wear sunscreen as a spray tan does not protect against UVA or UVB rays. I recommend Coola or Sun Bum sunscreens
Always pat dry after getting out of the shower….never rub
Though infrequent, your tan may develop differently during certain times (often pulling lighter color). This includes during ovulation, menstruation, certain medications, times of heightened stress